Writers on Wednesday: Tarran Jones

Welcome back to Writers on Wednesday. This week I am chatting with Adelaide's own Tarran Jones. Tarran and I have known each other for a long time now, through Collins Booksellers at Edwardstown, where Tarran works and I have been a loyal customer for some time. I was absolutely thrilled when I learned that Tarran's novel has been picked up by Satalyte Publishers. Anyway, welcome Tarran ...




Tell me a bit about yourself …

I am a bookseller at Collins Booksellers Edwardstown and I have been in the book industry for 14 years now. I was originally with Angus & Robertson but then they dissolved and we went indy for awhile then went with Collins Booksellers. I have a wonderful daughter and my dream has always been to write.

Tell us about your most recently published book?

My most recent published book is an anthology of re-mastered fairytales, myths and legends called ‘Twice Upon a Time’ I have a story called ‘All That Glitters’ in it which is a re-telling of the Brother’s Grimm tale ‘The Girl with No Hands’

Tell us about the first time you were published?

The Twice Upon a Time Anthology is my first offical publication but I have had short stories published online at Australian Literature Review.

As writer, what has been your proudest achievement so far?

Finding my novel a home with Satalyte Publishing after many years of searching for one.

What books or writing projects are you currently working on, if anything?

I am working on book 2 of my Demon Chronicles series.

Which do you prefer? eBooks or Paper Books? Why?

I prefer paper books as I love the feel of the book and most importantly, the smell. 

Indie Publishing, or Traditional Publishing?

Each have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Aside from your own books, of course, what is one book that you feel everybody should read?

The Neverending Story by Michael Ende. That book shaped my world view when I was younger. Introduced me to concepts and feelings about life and books. A fantastic book!

Finally … is there anything you would like to say to your readers in Adelaide, Australia?

I would like to say thank you. Thank you to everyone who supports local businesses and I hope you will support me by coming along to my author event at Collins Booksellers Edwardstown on the 21st March.

Twice Upon a Time is now available from Collins Booksellers Edwardstown. 

Links



Tales From The Scribe (Offical Website for Tarran)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Patty: I Cried and Cried and Cried

Who Else Writes Like V.C. Andrews?

Phrases and Idioms: Tickets on Himself