Writers on Wednesday: Ann Grech

Welcome back to Writers on Wednesday. This week I am chatting with Australian romance writer, Ann Grech ...

Tell us a bit about yourself …

Well, I’m an early-30’s (ok, ok let’s just pretend I’m in my early 30’s), a former solicitor (I know, don’t hold it against me!), a teacher, a mum of two beautiful, if slightly rambunctious, boys, a wife, an avid erotic romance reader and a new writer.  I’ve lived on the Gold Coast for over half my life and love it.  

Tell us about your most recently published book?

I have most recently self-published a box set of my trilogy, Adversaries’ Lust, Adversaries’ Pain and Adversaries’ Love.  The story is based on a slightly neurotic, beautiful and damaged but brilliant solicitor, Emma Wilson.  She has had her heart broken in the past so shied away from any relationships for years.  When she meets Nicholas Daniels, her opponent in a court case that she’s travelled to Brisbane, Queensland for, she thinks he’s gorgeous but arrogant.  When he kisses her she melts and yet, wants to punch him.  Their love affair is fast, passionate, erotic, filled with speed bumps and some not so small hurdles that they work their way though.   

Tell us about the first time you were published?

I may have some exciting news on that front so sign up to my newsletter or follow me on Facebook to find out more.

As writer, what has been your proudest achievement so far?

Apart from my not so cryptic answer to the last question, it would have been when I had my first book reviewed for the first time by a blogger.  She loved it and left the most fantastic feedback.  It was a great feeling getting feedback that someone enjoyed all the hard work I’d put into writing the books.

What books or writing projects are you currently working on, if anything?

I’m currently working on a four-book erotic romance series.  The first book is called “Delectable” and follows the story of Katy, Levi and Connor.   

Which do you prefer? eBooks or Paper Books? Why?

I used to be one of those people who would troll book stores for hours and despised e-books.  And then I had a second baby and couldn’t juggle feeding him, helping his brother do whatever it is he needed help with, flipping pages and maintaining my sanity.  So now, I love my e-book reader and the ease of one-clicking any and all titles that grab my fancy (I intentionally don’t look at the breakdown of my credit card statements because I know I’d be horrified at how much I actually spend buying books each month!).

Indie Publishing, or Traditional Publishing?

I’m all for a good book.  I don’t care whether its indie published or traditionally published.  The quality 
of some indie published work is so good now that unless you look for publisher’s names, you don’t realise they are indie published. 

Aside from your own books, of course, what is one book that you feel everybody should read?

I should probably say something deep and meaningful here but apart from one title I won’t!  To Kill a Mockingbird motivated me to become a lawyer.  It is and always will be one of my favourite books.  Anything by Matthew Riley always grabs my attention and I don’t even hesitate to buy anything by Jayne Rylon.  I’ve loved every one of her books so far.  Her co-authored books with Mari Carr are amazing too.

Finally … is there anything you would like to say to your readers in Adelaide, Australia?

Save me a bottle of your amazing wine!  Your farmer’s markets rock and I just want to give those pandas of yours a squeeze.  Oh, and Haigh’s Chocolate: to die for.  I love Adelaide (unfortunately I haven’t seen much of SA apart from Adelaide) and I’d love to get down there again soon to look around.   

Links

Adversaries’ lust


Adversaries’ Pain


Adversaries’ love


Box set: Adversaries’ Lust, Adversaries’ Pain, Adversaries’ Love




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Patty: I Cried and Cried and Cried

Who Else Writes Like V.C. Andrews?

Phrases and Idioms: Tickets on Himself