Writers on Wednesday: Susan Horsnell

Welcome back to Writers on Wednesday. This week, I am chatting with Susan Horsnell, author of a some wonderful romance novels, including the very sexy Capturing Charlie ...

Tell us a bit about yourself …

I grew up in Sydney, the eldest of 5 children. My parents immigrated to Australia from England in 1952 as £10 poms. Dad had met an Aussie when he was with the British Army in Kenya and decided Australia was where he wanted to raise his family.
I was a Nurse for 35 years, a good career considering I am married to a Naval Officer and we have frequently moved around. It wasn’t difficult to find work in each city.

Tell us about your most recently published book?

My most recent publication is Capturing Charlie. A western romance set in the 1800s in Texas. Yep, an Aussie who writes stories set in Texas. Charlie has been scorned by one too many women and takes off to begin anew. He dreams of owning a ranch and being surrounded by critters, alone. Until he meets Josephine’s Grandmother at the wrong end of a bullet. As Josephine nurses him back to health, he finds she has not only restored his body to health, but also his heart.

Tell us about the first time you were published?

The first book published was The Glenmore’s: Revenge. The first book of four in my series. I was so proud of it and when I sold the first copy and then received a five star review I was excited and humbled.

As writer, what has been your proudest achievement so far?

My proudest achievement was when Blind Acceptance was awarded a 4 1/2 * review and a Crowned Heart Award for Excellence by Ind’Tale Magazine. It was then nominated for a Rone award.

What books or writing projects are you currently working on, if anything?

I am co-writing a steamy romance set during the Vietnam War. It involves an Australian Nurse, (using my experiences), a Musician, a Marine – badly injured in Vietnam and a wealthy Hippie. It’s a great story. My co-writer is brilliant.

Which do you prefer? eBooks or Paper Books? Why?

I love both. EBooks because when we travel I can load heaps of books onto it and I’m not weighed down. Paperbacks, because there is nothing like the feel and smell of a ‘real’ book.

Indie Publishing, or Traditional Publishing?

Definitely Indie. I can do almost everything a publisher can, I have total control and I collect ALL the royalties.

Aside from your own books, of course, what is one book that you feel everybody should read?

Gone With The Wind. An absolute masterpiece in my opinion.

Finally … is there anything you would like to say to your readers in Adelaide, Australia?

I have visited, and lived, during my husbands’ posting, in Adelaide. Ah, Rundle Mall, shopping, churches and the exquisite beauty of the Adelaide Hills. We holidayed there a year ago. Friendly people. Please give my books a read. I really hope you enjoy them.

(I'm very much looking forward to your upcoming title, Susan ~ Kathryn.)

Links

Website where my books can be purchased:

Blog:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Patty: I Cried and Cried and Cried

Phrases and Idioms: Tickets on Himself

Who Else Writes Like V.C. Andrews?